Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bird boarding

I haven't posted in a while.

Not sure why that is, but it's now time for an update.

Last week-end (Labour day week-end), my SO and I went camping, which means the birds had to be looked after. I don't really trust that many people with taking care of them, as it seems to me slightly more complicated than looking after a cat or a dog (well that is if you want the bird to have some time out of the cage, which I do). Luckily, my mother is also a parrot fanatic and is willing to look after my flock of 5.

Piper got to see her two friends, Nicky and Sydney (my parents' lovebirds). Having heard how it went, it seems like the did some major catching up.
Petey was well behaved with the other birds..I guess being put out of your element will do that. She didn't eat much, but her weight did not seem to have shifted too much from the usual. She was happy to be back home, or rather to have my SO giving her attention.
The others seemed to have been ok with the whole experience. Even Zuri, for whom this was her first time "away" from home since I got her. I guess having the others with her helped.

No comments: