Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sexing results for Zuri, Piper and Petey came in...

I just got the results a couple of minutes ago.

What I thought going in? I thought both Piper and Zuri would turn out to be males and Petey would be a female. Since I've heard so many horror stories of female Lovebirds becoming monsters when hormones kicked in and Piper is always a sweetheart, I figured she might be male, although I've always referred to her as a female (force of habit). And although I've been referring to Zuri as a female, these last few months I've been slowly changing my mind, believing she is a male, but not changing how I refer to her as a force of habit once again.

Petey...well the way she displays and acts and the like, well it seemed to me that she must be a female. I thought so, my boyfriend thought so, the person who had her briefly before me thought so (it didn't work out between the two of them), my mom thought so as well...even my vet thought she might indeed be a female.

Well here are the results.....















All 3 of them are males!!!

I got 2 out of 3, which is not bad. Time to change how I write about them I guess.


Looking on the bright side of things, I don't need to worry about egg binding too much!

No comments: