Monday, February 7, 2011

More Things for Wings - A valentine surprise...for the birds?

I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. Too commercial for my taste.

And let's be honest, getting a gift any other day of the year for no special reason other than wanting to surprise someone is much more meaningful.

But what does this have to do with birds?

Well, while I don't expect any gifts, the fact that the Boy went and bought some toys for Things for Wings was pretty awesome. And what do they have to do with Valentine's Day? Well, most of what will follow was part of a promotion Danita was having especially for Valentine's Day.

Receiving toys for the birds? Beats chocolate any day..

The inside of the box - you can notice a bag of freebies that was included.


The big part of the deal - a HUGE toy. I'll probably hang it somewhere in the living room so that all the birds get to play with it.


A series of foot toys - other part of the "deal".


I found this was pretty neat - not sure if it was meant to be included in the deal or not, but a box with the "remains" from what was used to make the toys above - a foraging box.


And finally, he decided to buy some paulie rope because I had mentioned needing some...


Yes it's not Valentine's Day is not exactly here, but, as I said above, it's much more fun to get gifts on other days. And - well let's be honest - there was no way he was able to hide the box from me today. Plus, these weren't for me - they were for the birds :)

If anyone is interested in the deal, it's already been replaced with one with an Easter theme. Same idea, same price, different toys.

No comments: