Monday, October 10, 2011

Darn stubborn birds

Talking about Zuri and Pixel.

Over the last two days, Piper, when out of cage, has been in a more exploratory/playful mood than he usually is (his usual is to stick as close to me as possible). In fact, over the last week or so he's been quite adamant about chewing everything he can and I want to encourage this form of play.

However, Zuri and Pixel don't quite seem to see eye to eye with me. Although Piper would typically go somewhere out of their way, such as going on the Wingdow when no one is there to chew on a seagrass toy, they have concocted this new game of "must be where Piper is". I move them when they get too close and their intentions are quite obvious, just so that Piper can do what he wants.

They would have NO interest in what he's playing with was he not playing with it.
I actually told Zuri that if he tried one more time to chase Piper off of where he was, he'd go in his cage. But Piper came back to me before Zuri had a chance to challenge me.

Stubborn birds.

No comments: