Monday, October 10, 2011

I hate false alarms

Living in a high rise apartment building in a complex of two towers which is adjacent to another apartment complex, you get all kinds of false alarms - false fire alarms, both individual (in one apartment) or for the entire building (I hate these the most) as well as car alarms getting set off for nothing and anything..

I hate them all, but of course, I'd much prefer the fire alarms to be false than actually required.

If it was just me, I wouldn't mind as much. It's just that every time one goes, it sets the birds off - flying every which way if they are out. Like now.

And there is one bird in particular who hates alarms more than the others or even myself - Petey.

Once one goes off, he flies, and flies...and flies some more until he's out of breath and finally lands. Thing is, even if the alarm is shut off by then, he's still excessively antsy. And that is dangerous for me since when he's like that, the tiniest thing can set him off and he generally ends up dive bombing me in the end.

So a few minutes ago a car alarm outside went off. I had to keep an eye on all birds (so that there isn't any attacks between each other) and mostly kept an eye out on Petey so I knew where he was at all time, which is quite stressful until everyone decides to settle down. Then Petey was acting very nervous so I brought him to his cage to settle down - and on the way to the birdroom, it did look like he was about to take off at any time, thing he did do once we entered the room.

So yeah, I hate those false alarms..

No comments: