Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'd like to say I was surprised

But the funny thing is, I don't think that anything Léa can do mechanically will surprise me anymore. I mean, she's shown her interest in undoing things, shown how capable she's been at it.

So when I come home and find her large swing on the ground of her cage? Surprised? No. Slightly annoyed...maybe.



I don't think I've asked myself "what's next" in a long time - what's the point? I try and secure everything I can think of that would otherwise allow her to get in trouble but the inside of her cage? Unsafe, or at least what I deem unsafe, items have been removed. I can't take everything out, although it's apparent that her mind is always looking for new things to do, since I don't want her to bore herself to death.

When I saw the swing at the bottom, I immediately looked at the ceiling of her cage - and there was, the undone quick link.


I removed the quick link for the picture, but didn't change how "open" it was

Only a few hours after this all occurred did I start, once again, to ask myself questions. Was she on the swing when she took it out of the newly created gap in the quick link or was she hanging from the cage bars? If she was on it, well she didn't sport any sign of any injury the fall might have caused. I use quick links to secure the side doors of her cage shut - I now need to make a mental note to verify that they are still entirely shut and hope she has no interest in them. As well, there needs to be a bowl in each holder at all time, as this will (or should) prevent her from having access to these quick links.

Maybe the purchase of padlocks is in order...

No comments: