Sunday, September 9, 2012

The power of the Cape beak

Also why I'm very happy I purchased that Expandable Habitat stainless steel cage when I did..



Lately Léa has been trying to take as much of the powder coating off her cage as she could. It's been driving me nuts! I can't wait for her new cage to be here, so that I won't have to worry about her stripping her cage bare.

The cage was essentially set to ship out mid-September, but there is a two week delay or so, due to unforeseen events. Fine by me, I'd rather have a well made cage than something that had to be rushed. In the mean time, I've moved perches away from where Léa inflicted the worst of the damage to her existing cage in the hopes that it will deter her from extending damage in those areas. I'm reluctant to add more toys to her cage, since there is already a number of them and I still want her to have space to stretch.

She keeps showing how powerful her beak can be and I'm very happy this show of force is not on our limbs - she's still very gentle with us!

No comments: