Saturday, September 8, 2012

What's for dinner tonight!

And for the rest of the week or so!

I took time to chop up a large batch of veggies today - it's been a while since I last did this and would only prep food as we went along. But I had fresh chard growing in the garden that was ready, as well as a bell pepper, I figured why not?



So on top of the aforementioned garden fresh chard and bell pepper, I used some chilies (cayenne and cherry bomb, also from my garden but cultivated some days ago), carrots, cauliflower, brocoli and a small amount of ginger. Also, not pictured above, was a lemon, which I decided to add at the end to keep things fresher.


At the end of the layering process


All mixed up

With this I will be serving some cooked Avian Organics mash.

I might as well add some nasturtiums flowers that I also have growing in my garden! It's quite nice to be using fresh produce I grew myself!

2 comments:

Maya said...

That looks really great!! It must be so nice to be able to use what you have grown yourself! :) Love it!

Natacha said...

It's fantastic! Such a shame I have limited space for growing as much as I'd like and that the growing season is coming to an end..