Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A minor set back - progress

So over the last few days I managed to get Léa to fly to my hand while holding it flat out and having an almond nestled in my palm. She became more and more confident with every try.

Today, when she was first let out with me, I immediately took an almond out and proceeded to do the same thing as before - and once again, she flew to my hand for that almond without much thought.

I then decided to try something else. I held my right index out, arm stretched  for her to land on. I called her name softly and remained otherwise very still. You could see she was conflicted - the finger is what she's been avoiding these past few days. I think I remained that way for five minutes (arm was getting quite heavy) when she finally decided to fly to me and land on the finger (my forearm was also a possibility). She seemed surprised with herself and also a little pleased. I was also very happy and praised her abundantly and also gave her an almond once I put her down on the table. While she took it...she had little interest in it.

Taking baby steps so I might only try this again when she comes out later tonight.

She also loves it when I sing to her so I indulged her and she just stood in front of me with her happy eyes while I did so.


No comments: