Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm back!

The blog was "quiet" for a few days as I was gone on vacation.

For the first time, we left the birds at home and had a friend come over to watch over them once a day, as opposed to dragging them to other homes. The main driver for this was that my parents, who normally would watch over most of the group, were gone with us and it was just easier to keep everyone put in their own cages in our home and keep a familiar surrounding for them. The last time I had Piper boarded somewhere else (not my parents), he ended up losing quite a bit of weight (and this was for a trip shorter than this one). The birds seem to have kept their standard weight this time around, except for Joey who lost a little but he was also the one who seem to take our absence the hardest, surprising to me as he generally is the biggest flirt with strangers.

In the end, I'm happy to be back and the flock seemed delighted to see us as well!

1 comment:

Fernand said...

Welcome back! So sad I am not closier. It would be such a pleisure to take care of your flock while you are gone!!!