Sunday, October 20, 2013

Revisiting old pictures

I'm not sure these ever made it to the blog, as they were taken in October 2008, a month or so before I began the blog, and they weren't of birds from my flock.

These were taken during one of our visits to the Boy's parents. We visited a local pet store and saw quite a few parrots. I'm not sure why, but I didn't take a picture of all birds present and, due to the bad lighting inside, very few of the pictures I took turned out.

I have two to share.

The first is of a female Hawkhead parrot, who was named Flora at the time, and which one of the clerks working there really loved.



The second is of a male blackwing Jardines named Elye. He made it very very hard to leave the store without him in tow. Practically, I didn't have the space for a Jardines at the time, nor was it really on my list of "must have birds" (possibly the last of the Pois I'd want to add to the flock) and he was rather expensive. Nevertheless, he was incredibly cute and I spent most of my time at the store with him, talking to him and scratching his head.



As I said, it was hard to leave him behind, even more so when he mumbled something as I left his side and the Boy said that he heard him say "I love you"...

No comments: