Monday, October 14, 2013

SWS 2013, Delivery #3 - Things for Wings

As I pointed out in an earlier post, the box from my Sidewalk Sale Things for Wings order arrived sometime last week. But, life being in the way, I really only got to take pictures yesterday and process them this morning. Lots and lots of pictures...

This order, when I initially submitted it, was very reasonable. I had told myself I wouldn't look at the "daily deals" (more like hourly deals), and keep my order simple. But I didn't listen to myself and got roped into the daily deal fun, although I think I did show restraint on some items and wasn't glued as much as I could have been on the Things for Wings website - the order could have easily gone out of control.

Oh and one last note, for the first time in a long time, I only ordered one copy of each individual toy - something that goes against how I normally order, ensuring birds have similar toys (if they have similar likings).

So here is what I ordered.

The "original" order (i.e. no daily deal items)

"Tahiti Chipper" - most likely will go to Joey, as he's the biggest fan of the shreddable material and is going through pine like crazy lately.



"Fall Shenanigans" - could go to just about any of the Littles.



"Big Juicy Strawberries" - I'm thinking will probably go to Léa given the chunky branch pieces and hardwood shapes.



"Pirate Boy" - another toy that could go to any of the Littles, but I'll probably give it to Petey as it's an adorable toy and it has a better chance to last a little longer with Petey.



"Léa's Toy" - the toy's name does say who this will be destined to.



"Hardwood Teddy Trio" - will go to one of the Littles, thinking Shade.



"Teddy Crunch" - will go to Piper.



That was it for the "toy" aspect of the original order. But since T4W has recently expanded to include perches, cleaning supplies and food, well I got a little of each in this order.

Rope perches - because I never have enough on hand it seems.



AviClean - does work rather well on my cages (this is the concentrated stuff, will need to be diluted).



10lbs worth of TOPs (the pellets).



Now we get to the extra items I didn't originally plan for...

"Daily Deals"

"Bag of drilled pine scraps" - first thing I purchased, it was cheap, plentiful (I was expecting less wood) and it will make for great skewer fillers.



"Very nice wood coin toy" - I think, before it went up, Danita had personally told me that it would be one right up my "alley". She was right and in the basket it went...



"Vault - Willow, Hardwood shape, 3/8" pine" - one of Danita's "vault" toys (either discontinued or some T4W designs that never really were put up for sale as far as I can gather) and something that I think Shade will love!



"Yucca and pine" - looked neat on the screen, was even nicer (and bigger) in person. Will be going in one of the Littles' cage.



"Willow coins" - the last item I purchased. She had the coins up for a very short period of time and, when I saw them up, I freaked out a little and ordered 20, since I didn't know if there was a limit and it seemed reasonable. But then, before the time was up, I made a second order for another 20. In retrospect, I should have just put a larger number from the get-go, but what can you do...



I'm very pleased with everything and even more surprised that Danita managed to make everything fit in the box it came in. There was no way I would have been capable of putting it all back in there neatly.

Thanks Danita!

No comments: