Wednesday, June 11, 2014

No help needed

Léa was preening herself while standing on the computer desk in front of me. Eventually, in a moment of exuberance, a "floofy" (down feather) was sent upwards from her back. She saw it slowly coming down and proceeded to try and catch it. Watching this was rather amusing for me.

Eventually she caught it on the corner of her beak, and this annoyed her greatly. She struggled to try and get it off, so I offered to help. Mistake. My efforts were rewarded with a bite on the nail - and to anyone who never got bit hard on the nail, it hurts!

So I left her to deal with that down feather on her own, and a few minutes after, she came back towards me, head bowed down and all sweet and cuddly. I generally don't like associating human feelings with animals, but it did look like she felt bad for her previous action.

No comments: